There are many factors to consider when choosing a physical therapy and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, NY. Here are some things you should check out:
- Services provided and whether they meet your needs: The ideal choice would be a healthcare center offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, including physical therapy and inpatient rehabilitation for all types of medical conditions and injuries. Quality physical rehabilitation services helps patients regain their ability to walk, perform daily activities and function at their optimal levels of strength and stamina.
- Whether the physical therapists are well-qualified and experienced: The decisions made by physical therapists have a significant impact on how well and quickly a patient recovers from an accident or injury. Make sure that the NY center you choose has experienced therapists.
- Whether treatment plans are developed in consultation with other health care experts: A multispecialty approach works best for pain management. A reliable center would have a team comprising physical and occupational therapists, orthopedic specialists, pain management physicians, neurologists and other health care experts who will be actively involved in developing evidence-based individualized treatment plans.
- What facilities are available: In an established center, rehab personnel would be equipped with the latest technology and resources. It’s important that facilities for tests including advanced imaging tests such as MRI are available on the campus. You should also check out whether is easy to schedule an appointment, especially if you need one on an emergency basis. Choose a health care center that serves the area you live in, is conveniently located and has parking facilities.
- Insurance: See if the center is on your health plan. Leading NY multispecialty centers accept most major medical insurance plans including Medicare, No-Fault and Workers’ Compensation.
The best option when it comes to choosing a physical therapy and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, New York is to browse online, shortlist a few facilities, and check out their offerings. Going by the above-mentioned considerations will help you make the right decision.