Your core consists of several muscles such as the transversus abdominus, multifidus, diaphragm and pelvic floor muscles. These muscles work to help you carry out any movement. Exercises to strengthen core muscles are a crucial component of pain management programs in New York City health care centers. Core exercises are especially useful when it comes to alleviating low back pain.
Benefits of having a strong core include:
- Allows you to perform everyday activities like housework, fix-it work, and gardening easily
- Improves performance in sports
- Helps you manage job-related activities effectively
- Improves balance, stability and good posture
A strong core is a critical component of good fitness. Most sports and other physical activities depend on stable core muscles. Having a strong core helps prevent falls and injuries during sports or other activities.
Many people have weak core muscles. Signs that you may have a weak core include:
- Low back pain
- Poor posture
- Balance problems
- Inability to hollow your stomach
- Muscular weakness in any part of the body
Core exercises can address these issues by strengthening all the core muscles. Rehabilitation experts are knowledgeable about the way these muscles work and can guide you in performing these exercises to resolve low back pain and improve balance and stability. So if you have back pain, getting reliable rehabilitation services in a professional health care center is important. Pain management doctors will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan which will include core strengthening exercises.
Other Treatment Options for Low Back Pain
A reliable health care and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, New York would offer several safe non-invasive treatment modalities for low back pain:
- Massage – It involves massaging the two important muscles such as quadratus lumborum (QL) and the gluteus medius.
- Heat and cold therapies – Usually, hot packs, all-day heat wrap or electric heating pad is used for heat therapy. Cold therapy would include innovative options such as Game Ready which is designed to promote tissue healing and minimize pain and swelling.
- Radiofrequency radio ablation – An electrical current produced by a radio wave is used to heat up a small area of nerve tissue, thereby decreasing pain signals from that specific area.
- Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation (TENS) – This therapy uses low-voltage electrical current for pain relief.
In addition to these, physicians may prescribe pain medication.
Find a Reliable Multispecialty Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
If you have low back pain, get treatment in a reliable multispecialty health care and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, NYC. Their team of experienced health care professionals will work as a team to diagnose your condition and provide you with an individualized treatment plan. The excellent treatment and personalized care that such centers provide will help you can get back to a healthy and active lifestyle.