Weight loss programs in Brooklyn based on auricular therapy can effectively treat obesity. Individuals who are unsuccessful in their efforts to reduce excess weight through strenuous workouts and rigorous diet can benefit from this simple, painless option.
Obesity is a serious health issue in the United States. The Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation reported that, the adult obesity rates for 2016 were over 30 percent in 25 US states, and that nearly one in three Americans are now obese. In five states, the average rates topped 35 percent, which are the highest rates of obesity in the world. Obesity is a chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. It can lead to complications such as type II diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea and even Alzheimer’s disease. For women, obesity can cause problems in the reproductive system. The psychological consequences of being obese can include lowered self-esteem and anxiety, and more serious disorders such as depression and eating disorders such as binge eating, bulimia and anorexia.
The good news is that safe, effective and non-surgical weight loss treatment based on auricular therapy is available in leading Brooklyn healthcare centers. This is effective method of appetite suppression which leads to weight loss and does not involve surgery, medication or invasive measures. It involves electrical stimulation of the reflex points of the ear. This stimulation releases chemicals or endorphins that affect the digestive and hormonal systems of the body, minimizing the cravings and controlling the appetite. In a leading multispecialty healthcare and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, this weight loss program will involve the following:
- Initial Consultation: An initial session lasting approximately 1-2 hours.
- Nutritional Status Assessment: During the first session, the doctor will examine the patient’s food diary, discuss the potential issues of certain food consumption, eliminates common food myths and educate the patient on all aspects of their own diet.
- Setting Goals: Goals will be set in terms of weight loss and general health.
- Discussing Treatment Strategies: The physicians will provide a detailed explanation of the auriculotherapy treatment. They will inform how it naturally and non-pharmaceutically treats cravings and what the protocol and expectations will be over the next several weeks.
- Follow-up: 5-6 follow-up treatments.
Benefits of Auricular Therapy
- Simple and painless procedure
- Helps you lose weight quickly and easily
- Calms the nervous system and strengthens the will power
- Improves the metabolism and helps burn more calories
- Reduces the food cravings and hunger pangs
- Reduces the binge eating
Enrolling in this weight loss program at a reliable multispecialty healthcare and rehabilitation center would offer several benefits such as customized weight loss treatment, dietary guidance, and positive support.