Setting a New Year’s resolution is a simple task – but sticking to it could be really hard. According to reports from StatisticBrain.com, about 45% of Americans make a New Year resolution, but only 8% manage to keep it throughout the year. Quitting smoking and weight loss are among the top New Year resolutions. However, it often happens that most resolutions go down the drain within the first month or two after January. There is a solution, though. With support from a reliable healthcare center in Brooklyn, offering smoking cessation and weight loss programs, you could stay on track and become more passionate about your new goals and achieve them successfully.
If you are planning to improve your health this New Year, here are some important tips to consider –
- Eat mindfully – Take time to truly savor what you are eating, without any distractions. Mindful eating can always lead to a balanced, healthy diet that may also include your favorite treats. Poor choice of food can increase your cholesterol levels. Maintain a list of what you are eating, as this will help you spot potential problem areas. Try to eat fruits and vegetables each day to keep your body energized with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Also, avoid intake of too much alcohol, sugary food items and saturated fats.
- Get proper nutrition and hydration – Choose dietary plans that provide adequate nutrition essential for maintaining a healthy life. Follow a balanced diet that includes equal amount of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Never skip meals but reduce the quantity. Switch to lower-calorie foods that have higher fiber content.
- Regular exercise – Find ways to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. Make it a habit to do a minimum 30-minute workout every day. For instance, climbing the stairs to the third floor takes just a minute longer than waiting for the elevator. Regular physical activity burns calories and builds muscle – both of which help you look and feel good and keep excess weight off. Increase the intensity of exercise to burn more calories.
- Join a gym or health club – If you really want to fight the flab, joining a health club or gym could be ideal. It will help burn those extra calories and improve your body shape. Health clubs follow a more disciplined approach towards weight loss and can help you maintain the ideal body weight.
- Weight loss programs – Get yourselves enrolled in weight loss programs offered by reliable multispecialty healthcare centers. These programs address the root cause of weight gain. Auricular therapy is a common therapy used to suppress appetite. This advanced program involves electrical stimulation of the reflex points of the ear and releases chemicals or endorphins that affect the digestive and hormonal systems of the body, minimizing cravings and controlling the appetite.
- Quit smoking – According to the CDC, 42.1 million Americans smoke tobacco, and about 16 million Americans have some kind of smoking-related disease. Nicotine is an extremely addictive drug; many people who quit often return to smoking because of the withdrawal symptoms. As there are different methods to quit this habit, smokers need to discuss with healthcare providers and choose the method that best suits them. Enrolling in smoking cessation programs offered by reliable healthcare centers is an ideal option.
Incorporating small, achievable lifestyle changes can promote a healthy life. An established multi-specialty healthcare center in Brooklyn, NYC, HealthQuest offers attractive special discounts on their smoking cessation and weight loss programs this New Year. The weight loss treatment program that includes six sessions consists mainly of psychological evaluation, nutritional evaluation, setting goals and treatment. Their smoking cessation programs address both the physiological and psychological aspects of nicotine addiction. People who enroll for these programs individually or as a group of two can enjoy excellent savings. The offer is valid till the end of January 2018.
Achieving your New Year resolution may not be an easy task. A healthy resolution would take you towards a healthier life. Therefore, switch to a healthier lifestyle this New Year and keep health issues at bay.