Alternative treatments are growing in popularity for their effectiveness in relieving chronic pain, reducing stress, and treating other ailments. HealthQuest offers a wide range of alternative therapies to improve your mental and physical health and well-being. Our established pain management center is based in Brooklyn, New York.
Fibromyalgia, arthritis and musculoskeletal injuries are among the disruptive conditions that cause pain and affect health, physical function, strength, balance, gait, and quality of life. At our healthcare center, we offer holistic alternative treatments along with other non-invasive therapies to help relieve the symptoms associated with chronic conditions that affect the muscles, bones, and joints.
Alternative Treatment Options for
- Mind-body therapies - Mind-body programs encompassing techniques such as meditation, yoga, and relaxation therapy enhance the mind’s ability to control bodily functions and symptoms. They can also alleviate stress, depression and other conditions associated with chronic pain. Auricular therapy helps with weight loss and smoking cessation.
- Hyaluronic acid joint injections - Hyaluronic acid injections, also known as viscosupplements, can ease the pain and stiffness in the knee caused by osteoarthritis.
- Massage - Massage therapy eases neck and back pain. It can improve blood circulation, relax the muscles and improve range of motion, and increase endorphin levels, which relaxes the body.
- Topical analgesics - Topical pain relievers or topical analgesics available in the form of creams, salves, or gels are good options to treat pain.
- Electrotherapy - A non-invasive pain relief technology, electrotherapy help in reducing muscle and joint pain. The treatment involves applying electrical stimulation to the nerves and muscle-motor fibers via electro-pads placed on the skin. Popular electrotherapy devices include TENS, IFC, and GS.
- Lifestyle changes - Healthy eating habits and physical fitness are important factors that contribute to a healthy and balanced life. Lifestyle changes including diet and weight loss can go a long way towards alleviating chronic painful conditions.
- Anti-inflammatory Diet - Anti-inflammatory diets and low glycemic index (G-I) diets are known to improve the body’s healing response, by enhancing nourishment and immune activity at the site of injury or infection.
- Dietary supplements and vitamins - Dietary supplements and vitamins can help with certain types of pain. Glucosamine sulfate is among the many nutritional supplements that can relieve osteoarthritis (OA) pain and improve joint mobility.
We understand that every patient is unique and has different requirements. At HealthQuest, we tailor treatment programs to meet individual needs. All procedures are carried out in a safe and comfortable environment. Call 718-769-2521 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to schedule an appointment.