Disc pain is usually caused by spinal disc herniation, spinal stenosis or muscle strain. Discogenic back pain is also a common form of back pain which is caused by wear and tear of the disc arising with increasing age and causing disc degeneration. Sciatica pain is caused when the liquid from within the center of a disc in the spinal cord herniates outside into the spinal canal and compresses a nerve root.
Disc pain treatment varies according to the cause, but surgical treatment is not the only option. Non-surgical methods such as physical therapy, massaging, chiropractic care and administering of anti-inflammatory drugs can help to diminish the pain.
Anti-inflammatory Drugs for Disc Pain Treatment
Anti-inflammatory medications, also called NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) tackle inflammations that are the primary cause of disc pain and sciatica pain. Doctors examine patients thoroughly in order to determine whether NSAIDs are safe for them as some are hard on the stomach and must be avoided by patients having stomach ulcers.
As simple as it may sound, exercising and physical therapy can also bring about significant benefits by strengthening the muscles of the back and providing better weight distribution all over the spine.
High-tech Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy is an innovative pain management option that is used for disc pain treatment.
- Spinal decompression is an FDA-approved therapy that reverses nerve impairment, reduces and balances the load on the spine and treats damaged discs.
- Offered by multidisciplinary healthcare centers, spinal decompression disc pain treatment is administered through a machine that creates traction that facilitates proper spinal positioning.
- While each spinal decompression treatment session takes up to 25 minutes, multiple sessions may be required for the best results.
Effective Chiropractic Care at a Reliable Pain Management Center
Chiropractic care is also an effective non-surgical treatment for sciatica as well as disc pain caused by other factors. It evokes the natural healing powers of the body and is without side effects and is more effective. This hands-on approach ensures better blood circulation, provides a more balanced weight distribution in the spine, and improves the body’s immune system. The other benefits of chiropractic manipulation for effective pain management include:
- Facilitating general strengthening of the body
- Improving flexibility
- Improving blood circulation
- Reducing response to painful stimuli
- Reducing stress, muscle spasm, inflammation
- Preventing injury
- Improving body’s immunity
- Improving joint coordination
- Promoting natural healing
Skilled healthcare professionals at a reliable pain management center conduct a comprehensive physical examination of the individual in order to offer the right chiropractic manipulation.
These are some of the ways how disc pain is treated. Comprehensive pain management, sciatica treatment and chiropractic care can ensure positive results.