As the New Year is drawing close, it is time to make some great resolutions and keep on track in 2017. Weight loss could ideally stay at the top of your resolution list. According to Statistics Brain’s 2015 report, at least 38 % of Americans make weight related resolutions each year. However, it often happens that the weight loss resolutions you set for yourself every year don’t get fulfilled. Let us make a change.
Becoming a new you is not impossible. Here are certain tips to help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
- Choose healthy food – Good nutrition is a major key to achieving your goals. Poor choice of food can raise your cholesterol levels. Add more fruits and veggies in your daily diet. Maintain a list of what you are eating. This will make you more mindful about your choices and help you spot potential problem areas. Also avoid too much alcohol, sugary food items and saturated fats.
- Never skip meals, but reduce the quantity – Strictly avoid skipping meals or you will end up overeating later in the day. It is ideal to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you like, instead of avoiding them altogether. Make sure to increase the fiber content in your meals. Use a smaller plate for your meals. By placing the eatables in a smaller plate, you will feel bigger and more filling that leaves you more satisfied. Also drink more water. Water not only keeps you hydrated but also keeps you full for a longer duration, and thus helps to avoid overeating.
- Enjoy your daily workout – Healthy lifestyle changes can help you achieve your goals. Find an exercise routine that you truly enjoy, let that be a 30-minute-walk or a few minutes of stair climbing. By listening to music, you can make the session more interesting.
- Join a gym – Joining a gym served by expert trainers is the best way for those who are health conscious and want to lose weight quickly. A gym provides a disciplined approach to weight loss and also helps you to maintain the ideal weight and general fitness of the body. By planning ahead, you can also benefit from the gym’s offerings.
- Consider weight loss programs – Weight loss programs offered by multi-specialty healthcare centers that address the root cause of weight gain would be of great help. The advanced auricular therapy provided involves the application of very light electrical stimulation to precise points on the external ear. This electrical stimulation releases chemicals or endorphins that affect the digestive and hormonal systems of the body, minimizing the cravings and controlling the appetite.
- Keep track of your progress – Make sure to keep track of your results by checking your weight two or three times per week. Also, celebrate your success by treating yourself to something that you enjoy once in a while.
Don’t let the New Year be the only time to seriously consider weight loss. As important as losing weight, is putting an end to unhealthy habits such as smoking. An established healthcare center in Brooklyn, HealthQuest offers coupon promotions, where you can benefit from attractive savings on their weight loss and smoking cessation programs. If you choose to go for treatment with a friend or partner as a group of two persons, you get to enjoy even more savings. The effective smoking cessation program the center provides is designed to address both the physiological and psychological aspects of nicotine addiction. The pain-free auricular therapy used can also disrupt the addictive process. The electrical stimulation on the surface of ear reflex points releases endorphins that suppress the cravings for nicotine and also reduce anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.