Whether the concern is to recover from a sports injury, to improve balance and prevent falls, or to manage age-related issues, physical therapists can help. A customized physical therapy program aims at developing and restoring the body’s proper functioning. It can help individuals return to their prior level of functioning, prevent further injury and improve overall health and well-being. Specialists at reliable healthcare centers use a variety of physical therapy tools and equipment to improve patient health and help them recover from medical conditions. A recent market research report by Persistent Market Research provides in-depth analysis and estimation of the physiotherapy equipment market for the period 2015 to 2022.
According to the report, major drivers of the physiotherapy equipment market include:
- Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular and neurological diseases
- Growing aging population
- High incidence of sports injuries, and
- Rising awareness about therapeutic applications of physical therapy
However, inadequate reimbursement policies are a key restraint for the growth of the market. The report divides the equipment market on the basis of product, application, end user, and geography.
Based on product, the market is segmented into equipment and accessories. While the equipment segment is further sub-divided into hydrotherapy, cryotherapy, continuous passive motion (CPM), electric stimulation, heat therapy, therapeutic exercises, ultrasound, and others, accessories include orthoses and other assistive devices such as wheelchairs and crutches.
End users of the market include hospitals and clinics among others. Based on application, the report covers musculoskeletal, neurology, cardiovascular and pulmonary, pediatric, and other medical specialties.
Geographically, the report analyzes the market size and predictions for North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (RoW).
- North America dominates the market due to the growing geriatric population, increasing prevalence of neurological and cardiopulmonary diseases and rising government initiatives.
- The European market is expected to witness moderate growth owing to increasing prevalence of neurological disorders, musculoskeletal problems, cardiopulmonary diseases in the region and increasing aging population.
- Asia represents the fastest growing market due to the growing geriatric population and substantially large population of patients suffering from neurological diseases in Japan and China.
Some of the key manufacturers in the market include Enraf-Nonius B.V., DJO Global, EMS Physio Ltd., and Dynatronics Corporation among others.