Physical therapy is an excellent solution to treat shoulder pain. If you have developed severe pain in your shoulder, then seek medical attention right away. Usually, shoulder pain may be caused due to:
- Overhead sports activities such as swimming or throwing a baseball
- Poor sitting posture
- Trauma caused by falls or auto accidents
Often, shoulder pain occurs with no apparent reason or specific injury.
Common Conditions That Lead to Shoulder Pain
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Fracture
Treatment for Shoulder Pain
Treatment for shoulder pain is provided at multispecialty healthcare centers in Brooklyn, NYC. Treatment protocol includes manual therapy and exercises and other physical therapy programs to ease the shoulder pain.
- Massage and Myofascial Release – Massage therapy focuses on the body’s musculature and soft tissue. Myofascial release is a physical therapy procedure that focuses on releasing muscular shortness and tightness.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) – It is a therapy that uses low-voltage electrical current to provide pain relief. Once applied to the shoulder area, the TENS unit stimulates the nerves in that area by delivering an electrical current through the skin.
- Ice or heat – Putting ice on your shoulder helps reduce inflammation and pain. Use a cold pack for 15 to 20 minutes every three or four hours. After a few days, when the pain and inflammation have improved, hot packs or a heating pad may help relax tightened and sore muscles.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound therapy involves the use of sound waves above the range of human hearing to treat injuries.
- Traction – Shoulder traction is a mobilization technique used with a jump stretch band that will help improve shoulder health. Hook the jump stretch band to a power rack, attach it to your wrist and use your arm as an anchor. Once you are set up, just move around.
- Rehabilitation – This includes a wide range of strengthening and stretching exercises.
Treatment for Shoulder Pain at a Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
Physical therapy services in Brooklyn, NYC can be obtained from a reliable healthcare and rehabilitation center. With a team of physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and other healthcare professionals, they provide customized physical therapy solutions for a wide variety of conditions to individuals of all ages. They utilize MRI scans for accurate diagnosis. They also educate patients on their specific condition and the self-care techniques and exercises that are essential to optimize rehabilitation and prevent future injury. The advanced Game Ready cold therapy system is used to reduce pain and swelling and speed up recovery.