Nerve pain - the pain that originates from the peripheral and/or central nervous system can be excruciating and can affect your quality of life. HealthQuest is one of the leading multi-disciplinary healthcare centers in Brooklyn, New York that offers effective relief from nerve pain.
We Treat a Variety of Conditions
Nerve pain, also called neuralgia can be caused by a variety of reasons - injury, inflammation, compression of the nerve by adjacent structures, and numerous conditions including arthritis. Previous surgeries can also be a cause of nerve pain. Chronic nerve pain often results from the nerve being trapped, damaged, compressed, or pinched, due to some other condition affecting the nerve. Some people develop back pain caused by disc herniation or lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Peripheral neuropathy- It is a common problem, caused due to the nerve damage of the peripheral nervous system.
- Mononeuritis Multiplex - It is a disorder caused by simultaneous or sequential damage to more than one nerve group.
- Tibial nerve dysfunction – This dysfunction occurs when there is damage in the tibial nerve, one of the branches of the sciatic nerve of the leg.
- Brachial plexopathy - Brachial plexopathy occurs when there is damage to the brachial plexus, the area where a nerve bundle from the spinal cord splits into individual arm nerves.
- Axillary nerve dysfunction - The nerve damage that often leads to a loss of movement or sensation in the shoulder.
- Radial nerve dysfunction - The damage in the radial nerve that often leads to problems with movement or sensation at the back of the arm.
- Sciatica nerve pain - Sciatica is a symptom that originates mainly from the compression and/or irritation of one of the spinal nerve roots.
- Ulnar nerve dysfunction - Caused by damage to the ulnar nerve, this dysfunction leads to impaired movement or lack of sensation in the wrist and hand.
Nerve Pain Treatment Modalities
Depending on the cause, our pain management specialists provide effective nerve pain treatment for pain sufferers, which can make a positive difference in their life.
Your individual treatment plan will be decided after reviewing any past medical conditions. Our treatment modalities help relieve the pressure on your nerve, and thus provide nerve pain relief.
- Physical therapy
- Ice or heat therapy
- Game Ready cold therapy and compression
- Administration of drugs and NSAIDS for reducing inflammation
- Oral medications
- Spinal decompression therapy
- Radiofrequency radio ablation
- TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Massage therapy
To schedule a consultation with our pain management specialists, call 718-769-2521 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept most major medical insurance plans as well as Medicare, No-Fault, and Workers’ Compensation.