Professional Staff - Matthew Valvo
Matthew Valvo is an N.C.C.P.A (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants)–certified physician assistant. He graduated from St. John's University - College of Allied Health, Jamaica, New York in 1987. Licensed to practice by the state board in New York, he has over 31 years of diverse experience as a Certified Physician Assistant.
Matthew Valvo attended the Physician Assistant Training Program at the Bayley Seton Hospital; Staten Island, New York. His professional affiliations include the American Academy of Physician Assistants (A.A.P.A), and New York State Society of Physician Assistants (N.Y.S.S.P.A).
Dr. Matthew Valvo has provided services in the following professional capacities.
- Steven Ravich, M.D., Brooklyn and Mineola, New York. Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery (7/05 – Present)
- Daniel Wilen, M.D., Brooklyn, New York.
Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery (4/96 -3/12)
- Touro College – Physician Assistant Training Program Bayshore, New York.
Adjunct Faculty and Clinical Evaluator - Clinical and site evaluator for second year students (7/02 – 7/09)
- Touro College - Winthrop University Hospital Extension Centre. Mineola, New York.
Academic Coordinator - Physical Assistant Training Program (7/02 – 7/05)
- Touro College - Coney Island Hospital - Physician Assistant Training Program. Brooklyn, New York.
Senior Physician Assistant - Physician Assistant Department
Academic Coordinator - Physician Assistant Training Program (7/92 - 7/02)
- Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn New York.
Physician Assistant - Surgery (8/87 - 7/92)
He is experienced in
- Pre-operative and post-operative patient care
- Outpatient management in Orthopedic Surgery
- Radiograph and comprehensive diagnostic interpretation
- Fracture reduction, manipulation, cast application and removal
- Intra-articulation and musculoskeletal injections
- Joint aspirations.