1. Exercise regularly – Doesn’t have to be strenuous, can be as simple as walking.
2. Eat a healthy diet – You can reduce the inflammation in your body produced through the foods we eat.
3. Watch your backpack/handbags – Always try to balance the weight by using both straps and both extremities.
4. Phone to ear, not ear to phone – Protect your neck.
5. Sleep on your side or back – It is comfortable to sleep on your side or back, as the neutral position relieves tension on your spine.
Make sure to get regular spinal exams.
What to Expect On Your First Visit
Office visits at HealthQuest are generally arranged by appointment only. We want you to feel at ease from the moment you step into our office. There are various steps in the process that patients should be aware of.
Here's what you can expect on your first visit.
- Report of findings
- Our front desk will take ample time with you to fill out any necessary paper work which is helpful to our examination process. We speak multiple languages and will be there through every step.
- Your doctor will then engage you as to the specifics of your condition, your medical history, and all factors to enable us to determine the best cause of care.
- A complete orthopedic, neurologic, and physical examination will follow our consultation. This will include basic physical testing that will provide our clinicians with the information needed to better understand your complaint.
- This may be necessary as there are instances where the physicians will need to further clarify his examination findings. This is performed on an as needed basis.
Report of Findings
- Your doctor will then thoroughly and plainly explain your condition as well as the recommended treatment of your ailment.
- You will be provided with a customized treatment plan which will focus on functional restoration as well as pain relief. You will receive additional at home protocols to further assist in your condition.